Driftwood Kitchen’s Pastry Chef Rene Baez shares her recipe for Raspberry bars.
The recipe calls for raspberry jamthatyou can easily make yourself.
4 bxs raspberries
½ c sugar
1 Tbs pectin
Boil the raspberries and sugar together, once it boils add pectin.
Let it comeback to a boil and remove from heat.
You’ll use it in the following recipe:
Driftwood Kitchen’s Raspberry Bar
Driftwood Kitchen’s Raspberry Bar from Pastry Chef Rene Baez
½ c packed brown sugar1 c ap flour¼ tspn baking soda1/8 tspn salt1 c rolled oats½ c softened butter¾ c raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease one 8 inch square pan, and line with greased foil.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats.
- Rub in the butter using your hands or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture.
- Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spread the jam to within 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool before cutting into bars.