Crispy Szechuan Beef
Crispy Szechuan Beef taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
Crispy Szechuan Beef2 Pieces chuck flat or (8) short ribs3 C burgundy wine2 C soy sauce1 C brown sugar4 Sprigs rosemary roughly chopped4 Fingers ginger roughly chopped2 T Garlic finely choppedTempura Batter1 egg1C ice water1C A.P. flourSzechuan Pepper Sauce2 C Hoisin Sauce2 C Oyster Sauce1/2 C Superfine Sugar2 T Ginger2 T Toasted Szechuan PeppercornsSambal Pickled Soy Cabbage1 Head Savoy Cabbage1 Carrot, julienned1/2 C Sambal Olek1T Fish sauce1/4C Mirin2T Sugar1T Ginger, finely chopped
- Crispy Szechuan Beef
- Combine last 6 ingredients
- Place beef in a non-reactive container
- Let marinade overnight
- Heat some oil in a large stock pot
- Brown chuck flat on all sides, add the marinade
- Bring to a soft boil, skim off impurities
- Cover and braise for about 4 hrs.
- Meat should be fork tender
- Tempura Batter
- Beat egg, slowly add ice water.
- Add sifted flour, mix lightly. Be careful to not overmix
- Have fryer oil ready at 350 degrees. Cut short rib into 4 – 1/4" thick slices. Dip into seasoned A.P. flour then into the Tempura Batter. Fry until golden brown. Toss ribs in Sauce to coat.
- Sambal Pickled Savoy Cabbage
- Finely chop cabbage, combine with carrots. Combine last 5 ingredients. Marinade cabbage for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Plate beef and garnish with roasted cashews and chili threads. Add a spoon full of the pickled cabbage to the plate. Drizzle with chili oil.