Crab and Grilled Corn Chowder
Crab and Grilled Corn Chowder taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 4 ears Corn – husks and silk removed
- 4 T plus 4 oz (1 stick) Unsalted butter – divided
- 1/2 lb Bacon – finely diced
- 1 Melissa’s Perfect Sweet Onion – finely diced
- 8 cloves Garlic – minced
- 4 Shallots – minced
- 2 Celery stalks – diced
- 1 C All purpose flour
- 4 C Whole milk
- 2 C Heavy cream
- 2 Dried bay leaves
- 2 large Yukon gold potatoes – peeled and diced
- 4 Hatch Chiles – roasted, peeled, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb Fresh crabmeat
- Salt and black pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium-high.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter and brush it on the corn. Season the corn with salt and pepper and grill until slightly charred. Remove the corn from the heat. When it is cool enough to handle, cut the kernels from the cob and set them aside.
- Heat a large stockpot over medium heat and saute the bacon until it is crisp. Next add the onions, garlic, shallots and celery. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes. Add the stick of butter and heat until melted. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly with a whisk until smooth, about 3 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cream. Next add the bay leaves, potatoes and chiles. Bring the chowder to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, then cover and cook until potatoes are tender.