Contributed by: Hood Kitchen Space (The) - Costa Mesa
Fork in the Road Catering shares their recipe for chimichurri sauce. This base is delicious over grilled chicken, steak and even shrimp.
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup tarragon leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3 tbs tarragon vinegar (apple cider vinegar would also work really nicely, especially as we move into fall)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes (optional)
- Throw everything in a blender or food processor and pulse until everything is coarsely chopped.
- Some chimichurris are more creamy, and if you prefer yours that way, you can continue to blend. Fork in the Road prefers theirs with a little more texture and feel that you can taste the individual ingredients a little bit better that way. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s just a base and one of those things you can totally have fun with. If you like thyme with your chicken, add some dried thyme leaves maybe in place of the mint. Or if you like oregano, play around by adding some fresh or dried oregano leaves. Have fun with it!