Chicken & Tofu Stir Fry
Marinade2 Tbsp. rice wine, sake, or dry sherry2 Tbsp. tamari2 Tbsp. water1/2 tsp. sesame oil1 Tbsp. cornstarch1 1/2 cups chicken thigh meat, cut into bite size pieces1/2 lb. sprouted firm tofuStir Fry1 cup celery2/3 cup unsalted cashews2 cups spinach leaves1 Tbsp garlic, minced1 cup chicken or vegetable broth3 Tbsp. tamari2 Tbsp. rice wine, sake, or dry sherry2 tsp. black vinegar or malt vinegar1 Tbsp. honey2 tsp cornstarch2 Tbsp. canola oil
- • Step 1: Combine marinade adding the cornstarch last. Whisk until there are no lumps.
- • Step 2: Add chicken and tofu. Gently mix until coated. Marinate for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- • Step 3: Combine sauce in a measuring cup and whisk in cornstarch.
- • Step 4: Drain chicken and tofu, do not rinse
- • Step 5: Heat wok over high heat with oil
- • Step 6: Add drained chicken and tofu, caramelize
- • Step 7: Add celery and cashews. Let cashews brown; add garlic.
- • Step 8: Once garlic is fragrant, add spinach and sauce.
- • Step 9: Let sauce come to a boil and wilt the spinach
- • Step 10: Serve over rice