Chicken & Chive Dumplings
Dim sum is one of the most popular styles of Cantonese cuisine. Creating your own delicious dumplings can be made easy with the help of the freshest ingredients and a good technique.
Filling Ingredients:300g Ground Chicken200g Shelled fresh shrimps½ a bunch of finely chopped Chinese garlic chives1 Garlic clove, crushed1 tbsp Chinese Shao Shing wine1 tbsp Light soy sauce½ tsp Freshly grated ginger½ tsp Ground dried shrimp1 pinch Sugar1 ½ tsp Sesame oil1 tbsp Cornflour1 tsp Salt½ tsp Ground white pepperDumpling ingredients:Whole chives4 Shu-mei wrappers (Wonton Skin)
- Whip by hand all of the filling ingredients until they are fully combined and
- hold together.
- Place a dollop of the filling in the center of each wrapper and bring up the
- corners to form a little & money bag; Leave the top open so that you can
- see some of the filling.
- Blanch the whole chives in very hot water tap water. Then tie a chive
- around the neck of each dumpling so that it looks like it is wearing a little
- green belt.
- Steam the dumplings in an oiled bamboo steamer for 15 minutes, in a
- steaming wok.
- Serve hot with sweet chili sauce.