Calf Brain Piccata
Calf Brain Piccata taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- 1 Calf brain – about 12-16 oz
- Flour for dredging
- 2 T Olive oil
- 2 T Capers
- 2 T Pinot Grigio
- 1/4 C Fava beans – cleaned and blanched
- 2 oz Whole Salumi Toscano – cut into a large dice
- 1 t Parsley
- 1/2 Lemon
- Soak your calf brains over night, (remember to be gentle when moving the brains they are very fragile and fall apart easily). Remove brain from water, cut into six even pieces. Season with salt and pepper, and place each piece one at a time into dredging flour. Turn each one over and press firmly but gently into flour to make each piece into more of a patty shape. Heat your saute pan to just before smoke point, add olive oil then brains. Saute approximately 1 1/2 minutes per side. Remove from pan, saute salumi for 30 seconds then add capers, wine, and favas; continue to cook until wine reduces. Finish with lemon, parsley, and olive oil and serve over brains.
- *Michael’s on Naples – Long Beach