Berry Spinach Salad with Steak
Berry Spinach Salad with Steak is a fresh and satisfying entree salad with a mix of sweet and savory flavor profiles.
- 1 lb Beef filet or Chilean beef steak
- 1/2 t Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 t Kosher salt – divided
- 1 C Chilean red wine
- 1-1/2 C DOLE Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Strawberries – partially thawed and divided
- 1/2 C Walnuts – toasted, divided, chopped
- 3 T Raspberry or strawberry vinegar
- 1 T Shallot – minced
- 1 t Sugar
- 1/4 C Canola oil
- 1 pkg. (9 oz.) DOLE Spinach
- 1 C DOLE Fresh Frozen Blueberries – partially thawed
- 1/4 C Crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat grill to medium heat and oil grill rack. Sprinkle steak with pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Grill steak 6 minutes per side for medium doneness, or longer if desired. Remove from the grill and allow steak to rest on the cutting board. Slice after 10 minutes.
- Heat red wine in small sauce pan and allow to simmer 10 minutes, or until reduced by half. Allow to cool.
- Combine 1 cup strawberries, 1/4 cup walnuts, vinegar, shallot and sugar and remaining salt in a blender or food processor. Cover; blend until a paste forms. With blender at medium speed slowly add reduced wine and oil in thin stream until blended. Transfer dressing to a container.
- Add spinach, remaining walnuts, remaining strawberries, blueberries and feta cheese to a large bowl. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Plate salad on serving platter and top with grilled steak and additional drizzle of dressing.