Bearnaise Sauce contributed by Musso & Frank for the West Coast Prime Meats Cooks book to raise funds for Wounded Warrior and Gary Sinise Foundations.
Béarnaise Sauce / Tarragon BaseIngredients1/2 oz Dry tarragon1/4 Medium onion – peeled and chopped finely2 Shallots – peeled and chopped finely1/2 C Red wine6 oz Red wine vinegar4 oz Beef broth2 T A.1. Steak Sauce2 T Heinz 57 Sauce3 C Packaged beef gravy1/4 T Cracked black pepper
- In a small sauce pot, over medium-low heat, put tarragon, onion, bay leaves, red wine, red wine vinegar and beef broth.
- Simmer until mixture thickens, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, whisk to combine, then remove the bay leaf.
- Take off the heat and hold warm until ready to use.
- Assembly for Béarnaise Sauce
- Mix one cup of the hollandaise (see attached) with one cup of the tarragon base to make our béarnaise sauce. Combine the two sauces just before plating.