Banana Muffin French Toast
Banana Muffin:6 Eggs6 fl oz Sour Cream12 fl oz Butter – melted4 Bananas – over ripe & mashed2 C Brown Sugar1/2 C Granulated Sugar2 t Vanilla Paste4 C AP Flour4 t Baking Powder1 t Baking Soda2 t Cinnamon – ground2 t Ginger – ground1 t Sea SaltCustard Soak:6 Eggs1/2 C Granulated sugar1/4 t Vanilla paste1/4 t Cinnamon – ground2 C Manufacturing cream
- Beat eggs through butter.
- Mix in bananas, sugars, and vanilla paste.
- In separate bowl mix flour through salt.
- Fold flour mixture into banana mixture until just combined.
- Fill 4” brioche cups ½ way and bake at 325º until internal temperature of 195º.
- To Assemble:
- Cut muffins to 1” thick slices.
- Soak in custard for 5-10 minutes.
- Grease griddle with melted butter.
- Add muffin slices, and cook until golden brown.
- Flip and finish on griddle.
- Garnish with Sweetened Condensed Milk, raspberries, candied pecans, and sliced bananas.