Baked Pesto Chicken
This easy Baked Pesto Chicken is a fast chicken dish made with skinless chicken breasts, pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. You can make this in the oven, or make it outside on the grill!
2 (16 oz total) boneless, skinless chicken breastskosher salt and fresh pepper to taste4 teaspoons Skinny/Normal Basil Pesto1 medium tomatoes, sliced thin6 tbsp (1.5 oz) shredded mozzarella cheese2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Wash chicken and dry with a paper towel. Slice chicken breast horizontally to create 4 thinner cutlets. Season lightly with salt and fresh pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment if desired for easy clean-up.
- Place the chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spread about 1 teaspoon of pesto over each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove from oven; top with tomatoes, mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To Grill: Grill chicken over medium flame on both sides until cooked through in the center. Lower flame, top chicken with pesto, tomatoes and cheese, and close grill until cheese melts.