By Drew Garms, Executive Sous Chef, Okalahoma City Golf and Country Club, Oklahoma City A member of the American Culinary Federation Serves 4 Pears: 4 T Unsalted Butter – cold 2 Pears – Split and Cored 1/4 C Sugar 1/2 C Pear Brandy A few drops of lemon juice 1 vanilla Bean – Split 4 1-inch cubes Saga blue cheese Streusel: 2 T Sugar 2 T Almond flour 2 T All-purpose flour 1 T Oatmeal A pinch of salt 2 T Unsalted Butter – Cold and diced Finish and Serve: 8 oz. Baby Lettuce Aged balsamic vinegar – to taste Olive oil, to taste Salt and freshly ground pepper – to taste To make pears:
Baked Pears Stuffed With Saga Blue Cheese
Baked Pears Stuffed With Saga Blue Cheese taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
- Pears: 4 T Unsalted Butter – cold
- 2 Pears – Split & Cored
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 1/2 C Pear Brandy
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 1 vanilla Bean – Split
- 4 1-inch cubes Saga blue cheese
- Streusel: 2 T Sugar
- 2 T Almond flour
- 2 T All-purpose flour
- 1 T Oatmeal
- A pinch of salt
- 2 T Unsalted Butter – Cold & diced
- Finish and Serve: 8 oz. Baby Lettuce
- Aged balsamic vinegar – to taste
- Olive oil, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper – to taste
- To make pears:
- In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Place pears in skillet cut-sides down; cook until caramelized on bottom.
- Add remaining butter and sugar to skillet; cook until sugar starts to brown.
- Turn pears over; add brandy, lemon juice and vanilla bean.
- Baste each pear with a liquid in pan.
- Continue cooking until pears begin to soften, but are still quite firm.
- Remove pears from skillet with a slotted spoon;
- place a cube of cheese in center of each; set aside.
- Continue cooking caramel in pan until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside.
- To make Streusel:
- Combine sugar, flour, oatmeal and salt in bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add butter; mix with paddle attachment until streusel is well mixed and holds together. (Do not over mix.)
- Finish and serve:
- Preheat oven to 350