Ahhhh, baked beans!! What’s a better side at a BBQ then beans? And the best thing about these is that they are so easy to make for a large crowd.
4 28 oz cans Campbell’s Pork & Beans (drained)1¾-2 80-20 ground beef (browned)1 bacon (cooked crispy and chopped). Reserve 4 slices (chopped) for topping.1 lg yellow onion (finely chopped)1 cup dark brown sugar (reserve ¼ cup for topping)1 20oz bottle ketchup
- Brown the ground beef in large frying pan (season with salt and pepper), drain fat if needed.
- In a separate frying pan, cook the bacon till crispy.
- Chop or crumble bacon, reserving 4 crumbled slices for the topping.
- Drain the beans.
- Finely chop the yellow onion.
- Add beans to cooked ground beef. Gently stir in ketchup, chopped onion, chopped bacon, and brown sugar.
- Put mixture into large oven proof casserole.
- Top with reserved brown sugar and chopped bacon.
- Cover with foil.
- Place casserole dish onto foil lined rimmed baking sheet (you do not want this to over flow onto the bottom of your oven).
- Bake at 350• for 45 minutes, then reduce heat to 200* and cook for another 2 hours.