Avocado Tarts with Toasted Coconut
All-American Recipe Contest 2014 First Place Winner in the Desserts Category. Creamy California Avocado is mixed with honey, sugar and coconut oil, nestled
1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled1 Tbsp. lime juice¼ cup sugar1 Tbsp. honey¼ cup coconut oil4 mini graham cracker pie crusts4 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut4 raspberries
- Place avocado into a medium bowl.
- Add lime juice, sugar, honey and coconut oil and blend with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Place mixture into mini graham cracker crusts and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile toast coconut in a dry skillet stirring constantly until golden brown and aromatic.
- Remove tarts from their aluminum shells and place on a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and top with a raspberry.
- Let sit for 5 minutes to allow a slight thaw before serving.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.