Avocado Salmon Patties with Spicy Chipotle Aioli
These salmon patties with avocado and spicy chipotle avocado aioli are perfect for an afternoon nosh, a summer bbq, or lunch with your mother-in-law.
For the patties: 1 lb. fresh salmon (preferably sockeye)Olive oil, as needed½ ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard½ medium egg, lightly beaten2 tsp. adobo sauce½ cup panko breadcrumbsKosher salt, to tasteFreshly cracked black pepper, to tasteFor the Spicy Chipotle Aioli: 1 ½ ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled½ cup low-fat mayonnaise1 chipotle pepper in adobo1lime, juicedKosher salt, to taste
- Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and lightly season with your favorite seasoning blend.
- Bake the salmon at 400 degrees F for 14 minutes (or until tender and flaky); remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- While the salmon is cooling, mash the avocado.
- Flake the salmon while removing the bones (if any).
- Place the salmon in a medium bowl, add in the mashed avocado, mustard, egg, adobo, panko, kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Mix by hand until well blended.
- Roll the mixture into one-inch balls by hand and flatten into discs.
- If you are chilling them for later, place on a wax paper-lined pan and cover.
- Grill on a flat top, a cast iron skillet, or your favorite griddle.
- Sear the outsides until crispy – takes about 6 minutes (3 minutes per side).
- Top with Spicy Chipotle Aioli and serve immediately.
- To Make the Spicy Chipotle Aioli: In a food processor, place avocado, mayonnaise, chipotle, lime juice and salt (if you are heat sensitive – start with 1/2 a chipotle).
- Pulse until smooth.