Avocado, Roasted Corn and Shrimp Salad
Whip up this Avocado, Roasted Corn and Shrimp Salad for a summer get together!
6 ears corn, husked3 Tbsp. olive oil1 tomato, cubed1 lb. ready to eat shrimp, tails removed1 medium California Avocado, cubed½ cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade3 Tbsp. fresh lime juiceKosher salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fire up the grill to a medium hot temperature.
- Rub corn with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill, turning frequently, until corn is charred and heated through, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from grill.
- When cool, slice kernels from the cob and transfer into a large bowl.
- Can use boiled or microwaved corn, but please don’t. The grilled corn with the olive oil MAKES this dish.
- Mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tomatoes, basil and lime juice into corn.
- Add shrimp and diced avocado.
- Toss lightly, ensuring that the avocado dices stay intact.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and more lime juice, if desired.