Contributed by: Thierry Carrier
Avenue Pumpkin Martini
Eye of newt and toe of frog? Instead of looking to Shakespeare for a witches’ brew, we asked top NJ mixologists for their favorite Halloween-inspired potions. This one is courtesy of Thierry Carrier, General Manager/Director of Operations at Avenue (Long Branch, NJ)
- 1 oz Rittenhouse Rye
- 1/2 oz Sailor Jerry rum
- 2 oz pumpkin puree mix
- 1 oz vanilla syrup
- Orange wedge and nutmeg for garnish
- For Pumpkin Puree Mix, you will need:
- 4.5 oz pureed pumpkin
- 8 oz milk
- 2 oz cream
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- (Combine above ingredients and blend until smooth. Makes enough for 7 cocktails.)
- Make Pumpkin Puree Mix by combining and blending until smooth. Makes enough for 7 cocktails.
- Combine all with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake and strain into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange wedge and a dash of nutmeg.