Courtesy of Fresh Origins
Asian MicroGreen & Veggie Salad with Spicy Mustard-Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette
Asian MicroGreen & Veggie Salad with Spicy Mustard-Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
– Salad –1 package Fresh Origins Micro Asian Mix1 Orange (segmented)1 cup Edamame (shelled)1 Red Bell Pepper (julienned)Sugar Snap PeasBaked Wonton CrispsSalt, Pepper TT– Vinaigrette –4 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil1 tbsp Lime Juice1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar1 tsp Sesame Seeds1 tsp Ground MustardFresh Ginger (minced)2 tbsp Soy Sauce1 Thai Chili (minced)1 Green Onion (minced)1 tbsp Brown SugarSalt, Pepper TT
- Vinaigrette: Mince ginger, chili and green onion. In a bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk together. Set aside.
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring a small pot of water to boil. Julienne cut red bell peppers. Strip the strings off the sugar snap peas. Get an ice bath ready. Put sugar snaps into boiling water briefly to par cook. They will turn bright green. Take out of water and immediately put into the ice bath to shock them. Do the same with the red bell peppers. Let them sit in the ice bath for a minute. Strain, don’t let them sit in water too long.
- Take wonton skins and slice into thin short strips, about and 1 ½ long.
- Place on a sheet pan, sprinkle on salt. Bake until crispy.
- Cut orange segments.
- Salad: Put Micro Asian Mix in a bowl, add salt and pepper. Drizzle on vinaigrette, enough to lightly coat, but not too much. Mix. Add edamame, orange segments, sugar snap peas, red bell pepper, and top with wonton crisps.