Asian Carnitas and Kim Chee Tacos Recipe
2 lbs Pork buttMARINADE1 C Soy sauce1 C Water1/2 C Seasoned rice vinegar1/2 C Fresh orange juice1/4 C Honey2 Cloves Melissa’s peeled garlic – minced1 T Fresh ginger – minced1/4 C Sweet chili sauce1 T Sesame oilTOPPINGS1 jar Melissa’s jo san kim chee – chopped3 Melissa’s mini cucumbers – endstrimmed; diced small3 Fresh roma tomatoes – diced small1/2 C Sweet chili sauce2 T Hot chili oil40 “Chicanitas” corn tortillas (4.5-inch diameter)
- Mix the marinade ingredients until well combined.
- In a pot or dutch oven, add the 2 pounds of pork butt and the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350º.
- Remove the pan with the pork from the refrigerator, cover with foil and set at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for about 1 hour or until the interior temperature reaches 160º.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and shred pork, using 2 forks.
- Drizzle with the pan drippings and mix well.
- To assemble the tacos, stack 2 tortillas on a plate.
- Top with some pork, kim chee, cucumber and tomatoes.
- In a bowl, mix together the chili sauce and chili oil.
- Drizzle on the taco and repeat for remaining tortillas.