Apple Blackberry Crumble
Bursting with summer flavors and a perfect contrast of crunchy crumble and juicy fruits, this is the perfect recipe if you’re short on time.
4 apples (chopped)1 pint blackberries1/2 cup pomegranate juice1 teaspoon corn starch1/4 cup honey1/4 cup flour (can use spelt)1/4 cup hazelnuts (optional, crushed)1 cup rolled oats1/4 cup coconut sugar (or cane sugar)1/4 cup quinoa (optional)
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 and butter or oil a baking dish.
- 2. Cut up the apples and place with the blackberries in your baking dish.
- 3. Whisk the cornstarch into the juice, and pour over the apple medley along with the honey, and stir to blend.
- 4. Blend the coconut (or cane) sugar, oats, flour, optional quinoa and nuts, and coconut oil (or butter) with a pastry cutter or fork. Spread evenly over top of the apple-blackberry mixture.
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown and the juice has taken on a syrupy texture, bubbling up over the crumb coating.