All-American Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salad
All-American Recipe Contest 2014 First Prize Winner in the Favorite 4th of July Recipe category. The author says, “Your bill of rights should include the
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil (divided)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 pt. grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved and seeded, or more to taste
- 2 (15-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 large ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground chipotle chile powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- Place frozen corn on rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Stir to coat and then spread out in single layer.
- Roast under broiler for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once, until starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- In large bowl, place beans, bell pepper, onion, grape tomatoes, jalapeño, beans, chopped avocado, cilantro and cooled corn.
- Add remaining olive oil, lime juice, vinegar, chile powder and cumin.
- Stir until all ingredients are coated.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.