Amaretto Cheesecake with Madeleine Crust
Looking for a tasty dessert recipe to add to your Turkey Day spread? Sugar Bowl Bakery’s Amaretto Cheesecake with Madeleine Crust is just the thing. This recipe from family owned and operated Sugar Bowl Bakery is quick, easy and delicious. The crust is lined with Sugar Bowl Bakery’s perfectly petite and sweet (but not too sweet) Madeleines – French cake cookies made with 100% butter and free of trans-fat and preservatives. The crust, combined with a decadent Amaretto cheesecake filling, is sure to leave your Thanksgiving guests coming back for more.
2/3 cup Sugar Bowl Bakery* Madeleine pieces, plus 6 whole cookies for garnish¼ cup whole raw almonds3 Tbsp. brown sugar5 Tbsp. butter, melted8 oz. cream cheese, softened½ cup granulated sugar½ tsp. almond extract¼ tsp. salt2 large eggs3 tsp. amaretto liqueur (optional)Bittersweet chocolate, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Place 2/3 cup Madeleine pieces, almonds, brown sugar and butter in a food processor and grind until fine.
- Pour crumb mixture into an 8” spring form pan and press firmly onto the bottom and sides.
- Place cream cheese and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
- Beat in almond extract and salt.
- Blend in eggs one at a time, on low speed.
- Stir in amaretto.
- Pour batter into the crust.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the filling is just set. Let cool to room temperature and then refrigerate until chilled.
- Garnish: Take 6 Madeleine cookies and cut diagonally in half. Melt bittersweet chocolate. Dip the bottom of each cookie into melted chocolate, place on a tray lined with foil or waxed paper, and refrigerate until the chocolate hardens. Place a cookie, chocolate side down, on each piece of cheesecake.