Ale and Apple Duck Banderillas
Ale and Apple Duck Banderillas taste great. From dinner recipes, budget menus and healthy diet selections, you’ll easily find any recipe you need.
8 slices Lay-Out Style BaconMarinade1/4 C Dark Ale1/4 C Apple Butter2 T Teriyaki2 T Seasoned Rice Vinegar2 T Light Brown Sugar1/2 t Seasoned Salt (Adobo, Chachere, etc.)1/2 t Ground Black Pepper1/2 t Granulated Garlic2 Maple Leaf Farms Duck Breasts (10-12 oz)Apple Hoisin Sauce1/2 C Orange Marmalade1/3 C Hoisin1/2 C Apple Butter3 T Teriyaki1 T Honey2 t Seasoned Rice Vinegar1/2 t Red Pepper FlakesPlating8-6" Bamboo Skewers8 t Light Brown Sugar3 T Pecans, finely chopped
- Par Cook Bacon
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Lay bacon out flat on half sheet pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Ale and Apple Marinade
- 1. Mix all ingredients well. Set aside.
- 2. Remove skin from duck breasts. Cut each breast into 8 equal cubes.
- 3. Add breasts to marinade and marinate for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Apple Hoisin Sauce
- Mix all seven ingredients well and set aside.
- To finish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut bacon strips in half. Remove duck pieces from marinade and wrap one piece with half piece of bacon.
- Skewer the piece and repeat with another piece. Each skewer should have two pieces. Repeat process with the rest of the pieces.
- Lay on half sheet pan. Rub 1 teaspoon brown sugar onto one side of each skewer and sprinkle the nuts evenly over the sugar on each skewer.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Bacon will crisp a bit as it cools.
- Serve the eight skewers, two per person on a large plate with the sauce for dipping.