5 Ingredient One Pot Pasta with Chicken Sausage
A short ingredient list and dinner is ready in 30 minutes?! It’s no wonder this easy 5 Ingredient One Pot Pasta with Chicken Sausage is a family favorite!
1 pound mild Italian chicken sausage1 bell pepper, any color12 ounces whole wheat penne pasta25-ounce jar marinara sauce1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat and lightly spray with cooking spray. Remove sausage from casings and add to the skillet. Cook sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, chop bell pepper into small pieces. Add the bell pepper to the skillet with the sausage and cook for 2 minutes to soften.
- Add the pasta and marinara to the skillet. Fill the marinara sauce jar almost to the top with water and pour the water into the skillet as well. Stir.
- Bring to a low simmer, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and pasta is tender. Stir the pasta every 5 minutes or so to help it cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with the grated Mozzarella cheese. Place skillet in oven under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese, if desired. Enjoy!