Three hundred international culinary tourism industry professionals are expected to attend the first ever World Summit, hosted by the International Culinary Tourism Association (ICTA) and presented by Taste of Nova Scotia. With early bird registration of only C$699 for non-ICTA members and C$599 for ICTA members along with the extra value of no HST (tax) for Canadian delegates, the two day hands on conference offers tremendous value. And register by July 31 and be entered to win a Culinary Mobile Workshop valued at C$100.
Topics not seen in other tourism or foodservice industry conferences make the Halifax, Nova Scotia event unique both in content and all that the sea coast location has to offer.
· Noted Canadian Chef Michael Smith – will deliver the Summit’s keynote address
· Food Inc’s Robert Kenner – the film’s producer discusses social responsibility and why it is everyone’s business to support local agriculture and cuisine as much as is feasible – both at home and on the road
· The Future of Small, Local & Independent Restaurants – what successful independent restaurateurs have done to ensure the success and long-term stability of their businesses, in spite of the fast growth of chains
· Reaching the Culinary Consumer of Today – and Tomorrow – how culinary travel marketing strategies need to change to keep in step with today’s consumer expectations
· Turning Residents into Culinary Ambassadors: The Case of Nova Scotia – what every destination needs to know about how to leverage your own local and no-cost word-of-mouth publicity
· Break-Out Sessions on Social Media, Culinary Tour Operations and best practices in culinary tourism product development and marketing
· Mobile Workshops – 4 educative mobile workshops will show delegates what small Nova Scotian businesses have done to remain competitive. Choices include Cool Climate Grapes; Going Organic; Acadian Maple; and Fox Hill Cheese Case Study
Registration is now open at www.culinarytourismworldsummit.com with early bird rates available until July 31, 2010 and the chance to win the Culinary Mobile Workshop of your choice, a C$100 value.
For more detailed information about the 2010 Culinary Tourism One World, One Table event visit www.culinarytourismworldsummit.com. For more information about Taste of Nova Scotia, visit www.tasteofnovascotia.com.