The legendary Hotel del Coronado, America’s premier Pacific resort, is celebrating 125 years of historic holidays with a photo contest. The Del is collecting new information to add to its holiday history (Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s) by asking the public to submit vintage photos, memorabilia and written remembrances. The best submissions could win one of several prizes, plus be included in The Del’s new holiday book.
Be a part of the hotel’s holiday heritage: The Del is searching for vintage photos that prominently feature the resort’s holiday decorations, activities, guests, etc. Hotel memorabilia ” such as vintage holiday brochures, invitations, or other keepsakes ” will also be eligible for contest prizes. Great holiday stories (without any photos or memorabilia) are also welcome. Some of the contest submissions will also be included in a new book, Holidays at the Hotel del Coronado, the seventh in a series of books written by the resort’s resident historian.
* GRAND PRIZE: 5 nights/6 days at The Del in a Victorian oceanfront junior suite, one dinner for two at 1500 OCEAN, daily breakfast for two at Sheerwater and a couples massage at the award-winning Spa at The Del.
* 1st PRIZE: 3 nights/4 days at The Del in a Victorian oceanfront guestroom and a romantic private beach bonfire with Moet champagne and s’mores for two.
* 2nd PRIZE: 2 nights/3 days at The Del in a Victorian oceanfront guestroom and a $100 gift card for ENO Artisan Pizzeria and Wine Bar, featuring flights of fine wines, rare cheeses and decadent chocolate.
* 3rd PRIZE: The Del’s award-winning Sunday brunch for two and a couples massage at the Spa at The Del.
1. Photos or other memorabilia should be electronically scanned and emailed to: [email protected] Or, they may be color copied on a photo-quality copier (available at most copy centers) and mailed to:
Public Relations Department
Hotel del Coronado
1500 Orange Avenue
Coronado, CA 92118
2. Please include the “story” and information about the people/setting featured (300 words maximum).
3. Please include the completed release document available at www.hoteldel.com/holidays.
4. All submissions must include the name of the person submitting the photo along with a mailing address, email address and phone number.
5. All submissions must be received by December 2, 2013. Winners will be notified by January 31, 2014.
*Entries must follow each of the above steps in order to be valid. Submissions will not be returned and the Hotel del Coronado reserves the right to use any of the information received in promotional efforts. For complete contest rules and regulations, please visit www.hoteldel.com/holiday-photo-contest-rules.