The countdown to the Los Angeles Times’celebration of Southern California’s dynamic culinary scene, The Taste, continues with the announcement of the esteemed co-hosts for the 5th annual event. James Beard Outstanding Chef Nancy Silverton, revered modern Southwest cuisine chef John Sedlar & Master Bartender Julian Cox, Michelin-starred chef Michael Cimarusti, and the world-renowned chef and restaurateur Thomas Keller willpartner with The Times’ acclaimed Foodstaff for the five unique events taking place during The Taste’s Labor Day weekend festivities at Paramount Picture Studios.
Kicking off onFriday, August 29thwith an intimate Opening Night party where The Times’ hosts and their co-hosts are expected to rub elbows with their culinary contemporaries and food-lovin’ Angelenos for a spirited start to the weekend, each themed Taste event will feature unlimited tastings, specialty cocktails and other libations.On SaturdayandSunday, each co-host will participate in a unique demo or panel, offering attendees an inside look into the tricks and secrets that inspire their trade and inform the gastronomic climate in the City of Angels.
- Opening Night -The Times’ renowned Food staff, co-hosts and many of the weekend’s participating chefs and bartenders are expected to join together for the ultimate soiree celebrating LA’s vibrant dining community with a focused collection of tastings, cocktail and wine offerings, and live entertainment. Limited tickets available; Fri., Aug. 29th, 7:30 to 11:00 p.m.
- Field to Fork Hosted by Russ Parsons, Times Food Editor, and Nancy Silverton, Chef/Co-Owner ofOsteria Mozza and Pizzeria Mozza, and Founder of La Brea Bakery.Local flavor steals the spotlight with a day defined by SoCal’s bounty of fresh, seasonal ingredients, and the chefs that most celebrate them. Nancy Silverton to lead a cooking demo. Sat., Aug. 30th, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dinner with a Twist Hosted by Betty Hallock, Times Deputy Food Editor; Jonathan Gold, Times Restaurant Critic; John Sedlar, Chef/Owner ofRivera; and Master Bartender Julian Cox.Sedlar & Cox take the stage for a collaborative demo inspired by the evening’s theme that pairs LA’s boldest bites with the city’s most imaginative cocktails; Sat., Aug. 30th, 7:30 to 11:00 p.m.
- SundayBrunch Hosted by Noelle Carter, Times Test Kitchen Director, and Thomas Keller, Chef/Proprietor ofThe French Laundry,Per Se,Bouchon,Bouchon BakeryandAd Hoc.Brunch gets its due with a daytime affair that pays tribute to Angeleno’s favorite weekend tradition. Keller to engage in a thought-provoking panel conversation; Sun., Aug. 31st, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Flavors of LA Hosted by Jonathan Gold, Times Restaurant Critic, and Michael Cimarusti, Chef/Owner ofProvidence, Chef/Partner ofConnie and Ted’s.A night dedicated to the unique tastes that color the dining palate of Los Angeles. Cimarusti will sharpen his knives for a cooking demo that brings the weekend’s events to a memorable end. Sun., Aug. 31st, 7:30 to 11:00 p.m.
Los Angeles Times The Taste presented by Citi is produced in association with Best Events. Sponsors include AT&T, Buick, Hornitos Tequila and Stella Artois. Opening Night tickets are $150. Tickets for each of theSaturdayandSundayevents range from $100 to $125, and a $25 discount on individual tickets is available exclusively to Los Angeles Timesmembers. Details and tickets:latimes.com/thetaste. Connect onFacebook,TwitterandInstagram@ TheTasteLA (#TasteLA).